GAME RULES & CODE OF CONDUCT
TEAMS ARE EXPECTED T0 ARRIVE ON SITE A MINIMUM OF
THIRTY (30) MINUTES BEFORE THEIR SCHEDULED GAME TIMES
- NYSPHSAA rules will apply, except where superseded below. AAU Age and Grade Eligibility Requirements apply.
- The first team listed on the schedule (left hand column) will be designated as the HOME team and is expected to wear a white or light colored uniform.
- All Pool Play games will be played with 16 minute stop time halves.
- All CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND games will be played with 14 minute stop time halves.
- There will be no Shot Clock
- Four (4) minute warm-up will be provided prior to each game. Halftime will be two (2) minutes in length.
- Each team will be awarded two (2) full timeouts per game and one (1) 20 second timeout per half.
- The one and one bonus will be awarded on the 10th team foul of each half.
- A player will be disqualified from a game after he receives his 6th personal foul.
- ALL overtime periods will be two (2) minutes in length.
- Each team will receive one (1) additional full timeout per overtime period.
- ALL overtimes will start with a jump ball.
- Each team must provide their own scorekeeper in order to keep the book. The scoreclock will be operated by GymRat UNLIMITED personnel. The first team listed on the schedule will act as the home team, and their scorebook will be the 'official book' for the game.
- Each team is responsible for their own warm-up basketballs. The ROCK will be used as the official game ball of the GymRat CHALLENGE.
- If a situation occurs in which one team builds a lead of thirty (30) points or more, the game will be converted to running time (clock stops only for team and offical timeouts) until the lead is cut to twenty (20) points or less, or the game ends.
- Players are PROHIBITED from wearing jewelry during game competition. All jewelry MUST BE REMOVED prior to game competition. Taping over jewelry will NOT be allowed.
- PLEASE BE AWARE AND RESPONIBLE FOR ALL GAMES RULES AND RULES OF CONDUCT. GymRat CHALLENGE RULES AND POLICIES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED. GAME RULES AND RULES OF CONDUCT CAN BE FOUND IN THE GAME RULES SECTION OF GymRatCHALLENGE.com. THE GymRat CHALLENGE IS AN AAU SANCTIONED EVENT. AS SUCH, THE GymRat CHALLENGE FOLLOWS THE PRESCRIBED CODE OF CONDUCT
AND DRESS CODE GUIDELINES FOR THAT ORGANIZATION. AS SUCH, COACHES WILL
NOT BE ALLOWED TO WEAR SLIPPERS OR SANDALS ON THE SIDELINE DURING THE COURSE OF THE
GAME, COACHES MUST WEAR A COLLARED SHIRT (MOCK NECK IS ALSO ACCEPTABLE) ON THE SIDELINE
DURING THE COURSE OF THE GAME, AND COACHES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO WEAR BASEBALL
HATS, DOO RAGS (WAVE CAPS) OR BEANIES WHILE COACHING DURING THE EVENT.
- THE GymRat CHALLENGE HAS A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY IN REFERENCE TO FIGHTING AND ACTS OF VIOLENCE. ANY PLAYER OR TEAM PERSONNEL COMMITTING AN ACT OF VIOLENCE OR RECEIVING A TECHNICAL FOUL FOR FIGHTING WILL BE EJECTED FROM THE GAME, REQUIRED TO SIT OUT THEIR TEAM’S NEXT GAME, AND MAY BE DISQUALIFIED FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE TOURNAMENT AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE EVENT ORGANIZERS. EJECTED PLAYERS/TEAM PERSONNEL WILL BE REQUIRED TO IMMEDIATELY LEAVE THE TOURNAMENT VENUE AND, IF CIRCUMSTANCES WARRANT, WILL BE REMANDED TO LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES. ANY PLAYER/TEAM PERSONNEL EJECTED UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES WILL BE PERMANENTLY BANNED FROM ALL TOURNAMENT VENUES AND FROM PARTICIPATION IN ANY FUTURE GymRat CHALLENGE EVENTS. FURTHER, AT THE DISCRETION OF THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTORS, A SINGLE ACT OF VIOLENCE COMMITTED BY AN INDIVIDUAL PLAYER OR TEAM PERSONNEL MEMBER MAY RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION AND DISMISSAL OF THE ENTIRE TEAM FROM ANY FURTHER COMPETITION IN THE CURRENT GymRat CHALLENGE
AND/OR ANY FUTURE GymRat CHALLENGE EVENTS.
- ANY FAN, SPECTATOR, PARENT, AND/OR FAMILY MEMBER EXHIBITING BEHAVIOR THAT IS DEEMED TO BE DISRUPTIVE TO THE EVENT AND/OR THE COMPETITION WILL BE IMMEDIATELY REMOVED
FOR THE EVENT AND BANNED FROM ALL COMPETITION VENUES. AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF EVENT ORGANIZERS, DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR FROM ANY FAN, SPECTATOR, PARENT, AND/OR FAMILY
MEMBER MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF THE TEAM OR TEAMS ASSOCIATED WITH SAID FAN, SPECTATOR, PARENT, AND/OR FAMILY MEMBER. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH TEAM TO
ENSURE THAT THOSE IN THEIR TRAVEL PARTY ARE AWARE OF THE STANDARDS, RULES, AND CODE OF CONDUCT AT THE GymRat CHALLENGE. NO REFUNDS WILL BE PROVIDED TO ANY TEAM, FAN,
SPECTATOR, PARENT, AND/OR FAMILY MEMBER THAT IS EJECTED FROM THE EVENT.
- ALL TEAMS ARE REQUIRED TO MEET THEIR THREE GAME GUARANTEE AND COMPETE IN ALL SCHEDULED GAMES. ANY TEAM FORFEITING FOR FAILING TO APPEAR IN ANY GAME WILL BE
AUTOMATICALLY CHARGED FOR AN ADDITIONAL REGISTRATION FEE ($550 OR $600) AND SUBJECT TO A BAN FROM COMPETING IN ANY FUTURE GymRat CHALLENGE EVENTS.
- PLEASE BE SURE TO HAVE AGE ELIGIBILITY DOCUMENTATION (BIRTH CERTIFICATES, AAU CARDS, PREP SCHOOL ADMISSION LETTERS, ETC.) FOR ALL PLAYERS AT THE EVENT IN CASE
OF A PROTEST OR AGE ELIGIBIILITY VERIFICATION SITUATION. PLEASE BE REMINDED THAT, AS AN AAU SANCTIONED EVENT, THE GymRat CHALLENGE STRICTLY ADHERES TO AAU GRADE
AND AGE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS. THOSE REQUIREMENTS CAN BE FOUND IN THE “WHO, WHAT, WHERE,…” SECTION OF GymRatCHALLENGE.com.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY PLAYER COMPETING IN THE 17:U/11th AGE DIVISION MUST HAVE REMAINING HIGH SCHOOL ELIGIBILITY. PLAYERS ATTENDING PREP SCHOOL IN THE FALL OF 2013
MUST HAVE DOCUMENTED EVIDENCE OF THEIR PREP SCHOOL ADMISSION.
THAT EVIDENCE MUST BE PROVIDED IN THE FORM OF A LETTER FROM THE PREP SCHOOL VERIFYING THE PLAYERS ACCEPTANCE FOR THE FALL TERM. PLAYERS NOT MEETING THE GRADE AND
AGE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED FROM THE EVENT. AT THE DISCRETION OF THE EVENT DIRECTORS, TEAMS USING INELIGIBLE PLAYERS MAY BE
DISQUALIFED FROM THE EVENT,
- FUTURE GymRat CHALLENGE EVENTS, AND/OR FUTURE AAU SANCTIONED EVENTS. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH TEAM TO KNOW AND UNDERSTAND THESE REQUIREMENTS AND TO
ENSURE THAT ALL PLAYERS ARE WITHIN THE ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES.
- On-site Athletic Trainers are NOT responsible for pre-game
preventative care (i.e. ankle taping) or treatment of
pre-tournament/pre-existing injuries or conditions. Teams are
responsible for supplying their own athletic tape and supplies.
- Championship Round play is HIGHLY competitive and intense. Because of the intensely high level of competition, multiple overtime games have become the norm. In order to claim a GymRat CHALLENGE Championship, teams must demonstrate not only a high level of skill, but also tremendous endurance. Every effort will be made to keep games on schedule, but because of the strong likelihood for overtime games, TEAMS ADVANCING TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND SHOULD BUILD FLEXIBILITY INTO THEIR TRAVEL PLANS.
Game sites will be numbered as follows:
Courts #1-4: SKIDMORE College Sports & Recreation Center Get Directions
Courts #5-8: 17U SHENENDAHOWA EAST HIGH SCHOOL Get Directions
Courts # 9-10: 16U SHENENDAHOWA CENTRAL GOWANA MIDDLE SCHOOL Get Directions
Courts # 11-14: 16U UNION COLLEGE VANAIR ATHLETIC CENTER Get Directions
Courts # 15-17: 15U SCHENECTADY HIGH SCHOOL PAT RILEY SPORTS CENTER Get Directions
Courts # 18-20: 15U NISKAYUNA HIGH SCHOOL BLATNICK GYMNASIUM Get Directions
Courts # 21-23: 14U SARATOGA REC CENTER Get Directions
Courts # 24: 12U SARATOGA REC CENTER Get Directions
Courts # 25-26: 13U GAVIN PARK GYMNASIUM Get Directions
TEAMS ARE EXPECTED T0 ARRIVE ON SITE A MINIMUM OF
THIRTY (30) MINUTES BEFORE THEIR SCHEDULED GAME TIMES.
Championship Round Bracket Announcement meetings will be held in each age division to announce seedings, games times, and game sites for Championship Round play. The criteria for gaining entry into the Championship Round and the seeding process will be outlined and prominently displayed at all tournament venues, and will be provided to all coaches at check-in as a part of the Game Schedule/Welcome packet. Times and locations of Championship Round Bracket Announcement meetings will also be provided to all coaches at check-in as a part of the Game Schedule/Welcome packet.